[ICANN-EU] Controversial [was: Revised version of "Things to Ask for at MDR"]

Dear Thomas,

I think the list is a good beginning, but I am somewhat concerned about
asking them to postpone "controversial decisions" , without defining or
enumerating them.

They will interpret the request in the way to suit them best.
Is is decision controversial, just because Crocker, Crispin and Stubbs are
vehemently opposed?
Is a decision controversial when the GA votes 68 FOR,  against 3, but the
Board itself is evenly divided on it? (the IDNO admission into the DNSO)

So far, postponing has been the Board's policy, (Berlin, Santiago, Cairo
and Yokohama) in the hope that such issues of democracy deficit would go
away and the proponents would run out of steam for sheer lack of funding.

On these issues the decisions should be made, rather than postponed again.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org