[ICANN-EU] Re: Controversial [was: Revised version of "Things to Ask for at MDR"]

> Dear Thomas,
>
> I think the list is a good beginning, but I am somewhat concerned about
> asking them to postpone "controversial decisions" , without defining or
> enumerating them.

How could we enumerate controversial decisions yet to come?
Unless we go for a complete list of potential topics, I don't see how this could
be done. In that case, it would be more straight forward though to propose a
motion that would prohibit any decisions to be made by an incomplete board. I
don't think this would be a good idea.

> They will interpret the request in the way to suit them best.
> Is is decision controversial, just because Crocker, Crispin and Stubbs are
> vehemently opposed?
> Is a decision controversial when the GA votes 68 FOR,  against 3, but the
> Board itself is evenly divided on it? (the IDNO admission into the DNSO)

Yes.

jeanette