Re: [ICANN-EU] problems to cast vote

Marc and all,

  The ICANN board and staff are far more interested in traveling
on expenses, having lavish dinners in exotic locals with big $$
interests to gain support for their yet to be developed policies,
or policies that they cannot or will not enforce, and play the
Political pontificating game for amusement....

  Every election that ICANN or the DNSO (Supporting organization
of ICANN for DNS issues) has been a farce or been in one way
or another mishandled.  It is truly appalling!  :(

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Chris Eckert wrote:
>
> > same problem with the english version at 23:45 mest:
>
> Though I succeeded voting yesterday morning myself without any problem
> (using Netscape 4.61 on FreeBSD, though the voting server runs Win2000 and
> IIS :-), I am more than a bit mad, that ICANN is frustrating the election
> again. First the pins that never arrived (I know one person in 'real' life
> who applied and he did *not* get his so far, which makes it 50% in my
> statistics), now an election system that doesn't work alright (there are
> messages about it on several mailing lists).
>
> It puts all those statements of ICANN on 'the stability of the internet'
> in a rather bleak perspective. If they cannot do this right, what can they
> do right? If they cannot pick the right company to outsource the voting,
> how on earth will we trust them on choosing registries and registrars for
> the new TLDs? How will they run? "Error 50001. We cannot now register the
> domain you want. Bad luck. Stay up all night and keep trying. Tomorrow it
> will be gone."
>
> Hopefully they spend the $50,000 really on looking at the applications
> also from a technical perspective. It would be nice if the new TLDs did go
> off alright for a change. And the servers running the registrations for
> those new TLDs will be bombarded a million times (or more) heavily than
> this election.com machine.
>
> root@rootfix.org
>
> --
>  Marc Schneiders --- http://bodacious-tatas.org: no not what you think

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#