[ICANN-EU] Does your mobile phone already have its own domain?

Does your mobile phone already have its own domain?

It doesn't? This will change soon. A domain for every device
that connects. Yes, not an IP, phone number, or something similar, no
a domain. Thus says dot ONE. It is one of the applicants for the new
TLDs.

I have not been able to understand, what use subdomains or hostnames
will have on my mobile phone, which you may contact soon at
1000000000.one. But then, things are developping so quickly on the
internet.

WIPO thinks it is a great idea. There will be little fighting over
names, as dot ONE will only use 0-9. 4711.one perhaps? Well, okay, one
UDRP case.

Now, if dot ONE is part of the DNS and works, it must also be possible
to use oldfashioned noble dot com's for the same purpose. Right? Which
made me think, that soon it will be much more difficult to accuse a
domain owner under the UDRP of not offering any bonafide goods or
services using a domain. For I will let some of my domains resolve to
my mobile phone, others to my microwave, television, car, phone, fax,
organizer (I will get one in time) etc.

I haven't a clue yet, how they expect to deal with the
nameservers. Seems these will get very big zone files. One domain for
each phone means two nameservers for each phone.

More about this great idea at icbtollfree.com, including
the text of the proposal (or a press release). Thanks Judith.

  Marc Schneiders (the rest is in the header, really)