Re: [ICANN-EU] Comments about your view of squatters

Olivier and all,

Olivier Guillard / AFNIC wrote:

> Thanks for this reply Jeff,

  Your welcome.  >;)

> le 01 Nov, Jeff Williams a écrit :
> > Oliver and all,
> >
> >   Not they obviously are not YET a part of the internet community.
> >

> so I suppose that, above any other consideration, one of our first
> responsability is to prepare the planet that will welcome them (very
> soon!).

  Well yes, at least from the perspective of the "Internet Community".

> I would be pleased to have a word about *WHO* is part of the internet
> community *TODAY*. I mean who is really represented.

  Stakeholders can be represented, or represent themselves through
various groups or other means.  Yet, their remains a majority of the
Internet Community that is not represented.  And many of these
folks are not represented because of lack of awareness.

> I read things like "global community", "local community" etc and I read
> on the home page of ICANN: "to achieving broad representation of global
> Internet communities"

  Yes.  And this is a huge misconception or misrepresentation problem
created in part by the ICANN board.  And so far this misconception or
misrepresentation has been allowed to stand.

> Anyone can tell who are those poeple referenced as being part of those
> "global Internet communities"?

  Specifically no.  But from grouping "Global Internet Community" members
into ICANN determined regions seem to be how the ICANN board has
chosen to identify them.  We don't believe this has been done very well.

> regards,
>
> >Hi all,
> >I go sometimes to visit members of my familly in the country side, poeple that
> >don't know what is an e-mail and even less a domain name but that still know
> >how to raise childrens, those that will be obliged to use internet in couple
> >of years.
> >Are they part of the "internet community" that karl is talking about, if yes,
> >who represent them ?
> >Olivier
>
> --
> Olivier Guillard
> ---
> ||    A.F.N.I.C.
> || http://www.nic.fr
> || mailto:nic@nic.fr

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#