[ICANN-EU] Re: Roots servers on rise - ICANN's golden egg cracking

Ron and all,

It would seem that the direction that this ICANN board is wanting to
to is as you suggest.  However, that would require new LAW or
FCC specific regulation with the force of law to accomplish.  Anything
less would be ignored or would be challenged on a likely global basis.

  The ICANN board RELIGION of the "One True Root" amen, is not
the only religion on the planet.

Ron Bennett wrote:

> At 06:34 PM 11/5/00 -0500, !Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:
> >Last year alternate roots supported 0.3% of internet traffic.
> >
> >This year alternate roots are supporting 5.5% of internet traffic.
>
> I wonder how long this will be permitted to continue before
> ICANN, DoC, WIPO, etc *require* everyone to use USG roots...?
>
> Ron Bennett

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#