[ICANN-EU] Re: Roots servers on rise - ICANN's golden egg cracking

Joe and all,

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, William X. Walsh wrote:
>
> > Hello Ron,
> >
> > Sunday, November 05, 2000, 5:28:03 PM, you wrote:

> > > I wonder how long this will be permitted to continue before
> > > ICANN, DoC, WIPO, etc *require* everyone to use USG roots...?
> >
> > His statistic is bogus.  He has absolutely no real basis for saying how
> > much of the internet traffic is using the alternative roots in this
> > way.
>
> Anyone interested in verifying my results is welcomed to do so.  The claim
> is as follows, of the 60,513 dns surveyed 3,331 reported using non-USG
> roots.  A sample of this size has a standard error of +/- 1.6509% with a
> 95% confidence.  So I'm very confident were seeing a trend away from
> ICANN.

  And thank you for providing this survey.  Well done Joe!  >;)

> William if your willing to provide me with an undertaking that you will
> verify my data then i'll send you the ip's already tested and you'll see
> the results are correct.  If not - shut your uneducated pie hole.

  Never mind WXW.  His rantings are infamous in their ridiculousness.

> The bottom line here is that my predictions that ICANN would lose market
> share are right on.  Last year it was at 99.7% and this year it's at
> 94.5%.

  Indeed!  And it is likely that given the current trend, and other potential
upcoming events regarding gTLD selection this trend could excelerate
dramatically.  It is obvious that Louis Touton and possibly other members
of the current ICANN board are concerned at this potential loss of
market share, but are unable to grasp the concept of how it can be
arrested or even reversed.

> Regards
> Joe
>
> --
> Joe Baptista
>
>                                         http://www.dot.god/
>                                         dot.GOD Hostmaster

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#