From: "Andrew McLaughlin" <mclaughlin@pobox.com>
To: <declan@well.com>
Subject: RE: Why are ICANN-crats talking about evicting .org owners?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:16:33 -0500

Declan:

We don't have any intention of kicking out existing domain name
holders. The idea is to turn over management of .org to some
appopriate organization/association/entity/whatever, which would
then make decisions about .org registration policy.

I'm always amazed by the amount of misreporting & hyperventilation
about domain name stuff -- this one's no exception.

--Andrew

andrew mclaughlin        |       chief policy officer & cfo
internet corporation for assigned names and numbers
<ajm@icann.org>         |        <http://www.icann.org>

********