Re: [icann-eu] CALL FOR PAPERS: Global Democracy and the ICANN Elections

I take your point, Roberto.  In this context (international regulation)
it is fair to say that the EU is a lot more legitimate and generally
accepted than the IMF and WTO.  It has much stronger
mechanisms for democratic accountability, and trade regulation
has been accepted by most EU citizens as a legitimate role for the
body for some time.

However it is worth pointing out that as regards EU domestic
legislation and regulation the EU's legitimacy is far from assured.
This can be seen by following the political debate in the U.K.,
Denmark and several other countries.

cameron ;-)

From:           	"Roberto Gaetano" <roberto_gaetano@hotmail.com>