Re: [icann-europe] Mike Roberts, authoritarian

Roberto and all,

  I think that Michael is tired of the BS that Mike Roberts puts out.
I agree with his sentiments on that score.

  We have a saying in my country, Roberto.  "Always call a spade
a spade".  I think this applies to Michael's outrage in Mr. Roberts
familiar diatribe.  Mr. Roberts does not in any way measurable,
represent the desires of the stakeholders by in large.  Mr. Roberts
MAY, in a number of individual cases, represent some of the large
IP and ecommerce business interests.

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Michael,
> >
> >It is sad to see that you, who have always professed an egalitarian
> >spirit, appear to be in agreement with Mr. Roberts' elitist,
> >authoritarian, proto-fascist ideas. Perhaps you are not, but merely
> >trying to blend in with what you think is the politically correct
> >position at the moment. Cowardice is not quite so despicable as
> >outright collusion with the enemies of democracy, like Mr. Roberts.
>
> I am glad to see that you did not change, and still like to make analysis of
> the behaviour of people without attempting at collecting facts.
>
> I disagreed with Mike (Mr. Roberts) on the GA list (see
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg01422.html).
> It might have gone unnoticed, because I was arguing on the contents of his
> post (as did Vittorio on this list) providing my different approach to the
> issue, but did not call him names.
>
> Michael, I know you personally, and I had the chance to notice that in
> face-to-face discussions you express your ideas and restrain from judging
> people. I only wish you would use in the mailing lists the same correct
> style you have in person-to-person communication.
> This will have the additional advantage that participants to the mailing
> lists will listen to you more attentively, methinks.
>
> Best regards
> Roberto

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827