Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] ICANN to require contract from .eu registry

Date sent:      	Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:21:36 -0800
From:           	Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
To:             	Karl Kramer <Karl@karlkramer.de>
Copies to:      	icann-europe@lists.fitug.de
Subject:        	Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] ICANN to require contract from .eu registry

>   Well that would make .EDU a 2nd level domain, not a TLD.

YES !

I, think that it might not have been a good Idea to have
TLD's that are standing for something else than Nations or Groups of Nations.
The edu, mil, com, org - Clan has opened a Door to a Chaos
that might really not be in the Interrest of the Web.
We see all those tries to sell more and more "unique" TLD's
and the Companies buying their Name in any new one asap,
or fighting others who were faster. THAT makes no Sense !

I prefer to see Systems like  company-name.co.uk
and not company-name.all-tld's-on-the-market.
As You know: I think Trademark-Registration should
be a part of what one gets when requesting a Domain-Name,
in order to stop all those silly Law-Suits.

Regards,

    Karl