Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] ICANN to require contract from .eu registry

Date sent:      	Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:10:45 -0800
From:           	Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>

>   I agree with you here.  However this does not cover the "Common Mark"
> portion of many TM law systems very well.

Common Marks should imho not be Domain-Names or Trademarks
(hmm it smells, I have a "Common-Name.de" myself,
 but i host a GNU-Book about that Thread on it).

> > Agencies that are unable to register realtime
> > should be banned ...

>   Good idea, but not practical or implimentable I am afraid...  :(

Why? Realtime Databases allready work in Part of the World.

> > That .com was under the first TLD's does not mandantary mean that
> > it was a good Idea to have anything else than Nation-Shortcuts as TLD.
> > <humor>
>
>   Also true, but that's history now.
>   The nation itself.

<humor>
Hmm, let's found a Nation and demant "COM" as the Shortcut&TLD for it.
</humor>

>What is, is should more gTLD's
> be created, and what type.

Guess who buys Names on the additional TLD's...

Regards,

      Karl