[icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] RE: Joe Baptista vendredi 7 février 2003 8:12

Patrizio and all,

Patrizio Menchetti wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2003 at 9:59, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Patrizio and all,
> >
> >   I can appreciate your bravado in Esthers behalf.  Bravo!  However it
> > is misplaced.  :(  Indeed I an sure that amongst our members in Italy
> > I can secure a good defense council for Joe, and succeed in a
> > jurisdictional change for him to his home of Canada under
> > international statute.  To impose any sort of Censorship is wrong!
> >

> Excellent! In this case, I suggest that Mr Baptista files a self-incrimination complaint
> with the Public Prosecutor's Office to protest with this horribly backward attitude of
> Italian (or French) judges construing Internet defamation as just defamation, and not
> free speech because it's on the Internet.

  Please show what defamation that you believe Joe has perpetrated.  I did
not see any in the comments to which you refer.

> This way Mr Baptista takes no risk, as your
> organization claims to have excellent lawyers and he can do whatever he wants
> without bothering with Italian judges (brr - I only know of one organization in Italy
> making these claims, and I hope yours is not that one :)), and your organization can
> bring to the attention of the masses this shame that Italian (or French)  judges do not
> know that cyberspace is the 51st state of the US and First Amendment governs there.
> When we start? :)

  Wonderful bravado yet again Patrizio!  >;)  I must say you do have a knack
for providing such wonderful bravado even though in doing so you are only
displaying a red herring!  >;)

  In any event, I suppose that Leonardo De Vinci's comments in his notes
on a woman's anatomy which he often referred to in the suggestive sense
also is a form of defamation, and if he were alive today and posted
those very same notes to this forum or any other, he should be charged
with defamation?  >;)  My guess is that he would not be...  What's
yours?  Need I say more?