[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN Announcement - At-Large List Names Sought; ALSC Forum ...

Marilyn and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:

>    You are quite wrong, Eric, that I am opposed to At Large seats on
> the Board -- but I am also committed to stability of the Internet --
> so yes, I chose to support the At Large Study Group's approach to
> getting there.

  The ALSC's final report as to how and what a AT-Large structure would
be
does not in any way dictate or demonstrate a direction of stability of
the
internet.  In fact quite the opposite IMHO...  Limiting the size of an
At-Large membership and what the qualifications are in the ALSC
Final Report violates the MoU agreement and the White Paper.
Hence the call on the DNSO GA for a rebid of the ICANN Contracts
with DOC/NTIA...  If you can argue where the ALSC Final Report
encompasses any "Stability" issue(s), I would be happy to give them
my very close and individual attention.  So far I have seen none
in that direction.  Hence Marilyn, your comment here seems more
of a lobbyist approach rather than one of significant substance
addressing your actual claim...

>   People of good will can differ on processes, have interests which
> are valid but different, and work toward outcomes which are similar in
> concept, without wasting their time, and the time of others in
> unnecessary arguments -- it diverts all from work.

  Here is one place where we agree completely.  I am thankful for that.
However
I do have some question as to your sincerity given your historic
comments
regarding policy making for At-Large members...

> You spend a lot of time on this. I don't want to waste your time, or
> mine, in arguments.

  Well Marilyn, Eric amongst hundreds of thousands of other
stakeholders/Users
such as our [INGRoup] members have not drank the koolaid, as they say,
so
of course, and by nature, arguments good or bad will ensue.

  But I will be blatantly blunt here with a few questions for you or you

and the BC to get down to the nut cutting as we down here in Texas say:

1.) Do you or do you not support an At-Large membership that is
     inclusive of any and all stakeholders/users?

2.) Do you or you not support a At-Large that has a vote on any policy
     issue that may effect any stakeholder/user?

3.) Do you or do you not support that any At-Large will elect at least
     51% or 9 board seats?

  Now Marilyn, you can of course evade direct answers to these simple
questions or not answer then at all.  If you do however it will be plain
that
YOU are one of several that blocking or subverting the White Paper
and MoU...  The choice is yours to answer or not to answer directly
and definitively....

> Marilyn

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827