[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN Announcement - At-Large List Nam...
- To: Karl Auerbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN Announcement - At-Large List Nam...
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 16:44:26 -0700
- CC: DannyYounger@cs.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, atlarge discuss list <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Karl and all stakeholders or interested parties,
Karl Auerbach wrote:
> On Sun, 5 May 2002 DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> > 3.) Do you or do you not support that any At-Large will elect at least
> > 51% or 9 board seats?
> There are currently *19* board seats, not 18. So 51% means at least *10*
> not 9. Of course, after the "evolution" all bets are off. ;-)
Yes but it is 9 OR 51%...
> The easiest way to fix this, of course, is to eliminate the ex-officio
> board seat given to ICANN's president. (This was part of my "platform"
> when I ran in the board election so many moons ago:
> http://www.cavebear.com/icann-board/platform.htm#no-ceo-on-board )
And we [INEGroup] agree with this elimination of the ex-officio
BoD seat given to the ICANN President. A President of any company
should report to the board or consult with it, no be part of the BoD...
To my mind that is or would likely be a conflict of interest unless
the Bylaws spell out situations where the President as a BoD member
has not vote on that BoD.... And that can get really divisive as well...
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k members/stakeholdes strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org