Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN Announcement - At-Large List Nam...

Karl and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Sun, 5 May 2002 DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > 3.) Do you or do you not support that any At-Large will elect at least
> >       51% or 9 board seats?
>
> There are currently *19* board seats, not 18.  So 51% means at least *10*
> not 9.  Of course, after the "evolution" all bets are off. ;-)

  Yes but it is 9 OR 51%...

> The easiest way to fix this, of course, is to eliminate the ex-officio
> board seat given to ICANN's president.  (This was part of my "platform"
> when I ran in the board election so many moons ago:
>         http://www.cavebear.com/icann-board/platform.htm#no-ceo-on-board )

  And we [INEGroup] agree with this elimination of the ex-officio
BoD seat given to the ICANN President.  A President of any company
should report to the board or consult with it, no be part of the BoD...
To my mind that is or would likely be a conflict of interest unless
the Bylaws spell out situations where the President as a BoD member
has not vote on that BoD....  And that can get really divisive as well...

>                 --karl--

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827