Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN Announcement - At-Large List Nam...

Jamie and all stakeholders of interested parties,

  Now this is a very good and central point.  One I think that many, including
Danny seems to be missing or not understanding well...  Well done again
Jamie!  >;)

  In the view that produced the WHite Paper and the MoU, the stakeholders/users
have an equal standing in representation on the ICANN BoD or are suppose to.
The DNSO Constituency model for the DNSO was and remains a poor
method by which to achieve that representation which thus far been the
failed direction and the largest cause or the intractability and divisiveness
in the ICANN building process.  Therefore the only place or method
by which average stakeholders/users can be legitimately represented
on the BoD is an At-Large membership structure...

James Love wrote:

> Danny, In my thinking, who is on the board depends upon what ICANN is.  If
> ICANN is an all powerful God like power for the Internet, you have to think
> hard about how many seats you give to a narrow set of E-Commerce firms.  If
> it mostly regulates registries, then you have one set of concerns, and we
> care about user interests being represented.  If it deals only with a
> minimal set of uniqueness and coordination issues, in a non--coercive way, a
> lot of us don't even bother with ICANN.
>
> Jamie

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827