RE: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

I support the opposite position, for secret ballots. You may live in a free
society, but others don't. An open ballot is a barrier to entry for many
people, not to mention that it is an intrusion of personal privacy. How a
person votes is between themselves and their conscience, the exception being
the votes taken by elected representatives whose duty it is to vote the
public interest to the best of their ability. In other words, you don't need
to know who voted a particular panel member into the job, but you do need to
know how they are voting on issues that affect you.

Regards,

Joanna