RE: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

Joop Teernstra wrote:

>But I think for our second election we need to be independent from the DNSO
>secretariat either by using a commercial service or use our own facilities
>with the current Panel members as scrutineers.

I was gratified that the DNSO was willing to host our election.  But I agree
that we need our own independant voting capability.

>I think a secret vote is a democratic right. Public voting is popular under
>totalitarian systems.

Hmmmm.  I didn't think of that aspect.  The down-side of living in a
relatively free society is that you forget the ramifications of living in
one that isn't!  OK, so you've flipped me on the subject of secret ballots.

Assuming we wanted to set up our own voting system, what system resources do
we need to host it?

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info