Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

Manoj and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >>"Vittorio" == Vittorio Bertola <vb@vitaminic.net> writes:
>
>  Vittorio> So, to apply this system to ICANN, we would have to build
>  Vittorio> the At Large membership by cooptation, ie each new member
>  Vittorio> would have to be introduced by another one. This could be
>  Vittorio> somewhat interesting, but I guess it could be not open
>  Vittorio> enough for our scale and purposes.
>
>         Not necessarily. You could have members send in the key
>  fingerprint signed by a notary, or snail mailed with corporate letter
>  head. How _do_ you authenticate members now?

  This level and expensive measure is not necessary now.  In the US
the digital signature Act provides for digital signatures as legally
acceptable and preferable authentication for individuals.  The EU
has similar laws in most EU countries as well...

>         manoj
> --
>  The likelihood of anything happening is in direct proportion to the
>  amount of trouble it will cause if it does happen.  -- Sam W. Warren
> Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@debian.org>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>
> 1024R/C7261095 print CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05  CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E
> 1024D/BF24424C print 4966 F272 D093 B493 410B  924B 21BA DABB BF24 424C

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827