RE: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights

Eric wrote:

>Do you want to take that back or define "Way out of bounds".

Even *you* haven't reached that point yet, Eric!  :)

Seriously, thgough, I can envision an extreme situation where someone's
speech devolves to nothing but epithets (racist, ethnic, sexist, etc).  At
that point, futhering conversation is no longer their intent, and they need
to be called on it.  But even then, continued warnings would have to be
disregarded before I personally would endorse even a *temporary* banning.
Free speech must be exactly that, even if it is highly objectionable.  Our
objection should be solely on the words used, and unproductive personal
atrtacks, not on the message.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info