[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [atlarge-discuss] subscribers on discuss list
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] subscribers on discuss list
- From: David Farrar <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 06:12:03 GMT
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
> On 08:24 a.m. 28/05/2002 -0400, James Love said:
> >TR says there are about 90 subscribers to the discuss list.
> Thanks Jamie.
> When I asked Thomas a question about list commands, he referred me to
> Vittorio and Vittorio says: not a priority.
> The current "help" command loops back to the "help" command. In short: we
> get the runaround.
> I am sorry for being insistent, but I want a transparant list. As soon as
> we have one, the link will appear on the website.
This is surely a decision of the elected steering committee not one for you to
> If this list remains opaque, there will be another list.
Again this is a decision of the elected steering committee. I would like
regular reports on list numbers but a slong as the designate dmembers of the
steering committee can see the membership details I am ahppy. I specifically
do not want the "who" facility turned on because it exposes people not just to
spam but also allows Jeff Williams and others to bcc you and 1,000 other people
when he is meant to be suspended (not that it matters for all of his gets
marked read anyway but the principle is important).
> Members want to know who are here and who are not.
You wish to know but please do not speak on behalf of all members. The only
thing we know the members have decided to elect a number of people to an
interim steering group.
> As it is now, people can be quietly removed from the list without being
> able to find out what happened.
Turning on "who" will not change this but a request to have a log of all subs
and unsubs made available can remedy this.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com