From: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@vitaminic.net>
To: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@ntlworld.com>
Cc: <atlarge-panel@lists.fitug.de>; <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 12:49 PM
Subject: [atlarge-panel] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Request for Urgent Decisions

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:32:19 +0100, you wrote:

>I would like to ask each member of our panel these questions:
>
>(a) Do you agree that an election should take place by July 27th?
>
>(b) If not, how do you propose the panel should proceed, given that it's
mandate is due to run out?

>(c) What action plan should be set in place and what timescales introduced?
>
>My friends, we have just over 3 weeks to start the election off.
>
>Your views please?

My views is that, as I already said in a number of previous messages,
we should have single persons or VERY SMALL working groups (2-3
people) working on the four topics:
- Bylaws
- Website improvement
- Mechanism for elections / identity verification
- Outreach [this could be a bigger group]

Now, I think that we should simply proceed by doing that. I volunteer
to work on the Bylaws by taking Cecily Wood's initial proposal as a
start.

About the elections, I think we should have them, but before we should
get some results in terms of bylaws and outreach. Very sincerely, I'd
have a confirmation vote among the membership to move the elections
from end July to end September, so that September can be used as a
proper campaigning month, and we have more time for the Bylaws, and we
don't have elections in the middle of the summer. However, I'd try to
move forward with the Bylaws so that if we finish them by end June we
might decide to have elections in July.

I really think that having elections before having accomplished
anything would be a waste of time. But I don't want to look like the
one who wants to stick to the Chair :-)
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.