Re: [atlarge-discuss] It could happen anywhere

Todd and all stakeholders interested parties,

todd glassey wrote:

> Ron may be right about the South African Governments Intent, but it really
> makes no difference to the bigger picture. The concept of the Global
> Internet and a One Earth Network is still 20-50 years away I think.

  The concept of a "one Earth Network" is already here for all practical
purposes.  Yes, indeed there are a very few very remote areas of
sparsely populated areas that cannot be reached via any kind of
network connection.  But they are fast disappearing.

> And is
> more political and based in the need for Countries to enforce their
> boundaries than in technologies. The other mitigating factor is that the
> persona that ICANN puts forth, especially with all the in-fighting going on
> visibly below it, is that the proposed "management of the Internet" is
> equally incompetent.

  The present form of "management of the Internet" that this ICANN
BoD and staff are attempting to impose is indeed incompetent, and is also
not following the White Paper and the MoU.

> Ron, its not that the one-world idea is bad, its just that as a race, we  as
> a global culture are not ready yet for this love-peace-knowledge picture of
> the Internet. Until organizations like the UN willing accept the
> responsibility for global peace and the creation of a Terran Bill of Rights
> or a definition of the Human Birthright here on Earth of which this Internet
> is an integral part, we will have these problems.

  The UN plays a role, all be it an important one, but still only a role.

> ---
>
> To that end I propose that the only smart thing to do is to not fight the
> establishment's and let them go onward with compartmentalizing and creating
> eBorders from the Internet's networking model. To do this will really piss
> ICANN off since it means that they failed.

  The present ICANN BOD and staff have already basically admitted that
they have failed with Lynn's proposed restructure ideas, which seem to
change radically with almost each passing day...

> Not that their vision was wrong
> individually, but that collectively they couldn't get their act together,
> and so now others will step in and take over as with what SA is proposing.

  Indeed true..

> My personal feeling is that it will take the restructuring of layer two and
> three to accommodate but this solves many mechanical issues that ICANN was
> unable to address - the technology is simple...
>
>     1)    If a Root Zone based query/response model is erected atop DNS then
> we will have capability for a truly interoperable infrastructure.

  Yes, and this can be several levels deep.  BTW, this is already underway
in various forms...

>     2)    If the layer-2/layer-3 Internet is compartmentalized into
> definable areas and eBorders are allowed to become a reality, then obviously
> a NAT style gateway between each eBorderd DNS Tree could have its own
> individual address space...

  Also true, and also underway..

>     3)    The creation of a flattened "global Area" in the area constrained
> by #1 and #2 gives us global network interoperability...
>
> So lets see:    #1 solves the need for more domain names... Each DNS Zone
> can have its own unique set of TLD's; #2 solves the availability of IP
> Addresses since each eBordered zone would have its own IPv4 space and talk
> to the global Internet Interconnect though a well-knows set of addresses.
>
> What more do we need?
>
> Todd

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827