Re: [atlarge-discuss] Outreach : brainstorming ideas and looking for responses

----- Original Message -----
From: <eric@hi-tek.com>
To: "todd glassey" <todd.glassey@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@ntlworld.com>; "atlarge discuss
list" <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Outreach : brainstorming ideas and looking
for responses

> As a member of the WG-Review committee I was tasked by a fine man, Mr.
Burton to
> undertake outreach.

OK what are the plans for the outreach process. What are the plans for
increasing the membership drives.

> Funny thing that we learned - nasty confrontational stuff does not effect
> outreach negatively, it increased participation.  I am sorry for this
truth but
> it is not mine to judge, but it is a fact and any intellectual research
through
> our archives will show it as truth.

yea, that's why WWF is so f^&*()ng popular here in the States but I hear its
even more so in Asia and oddly enough in France and Spain too... Mind
blowing -

> I would prefer no further reference to the Kiosk idea as our group is
spending
> millions to set them up and market concepts thereby.  Linking through the
big
> search engines is what we do but when we offered our services up to a
value of
> 30k USD we were rebuffed.

Most of that probably had to do with the packaging of the offer and the
state of what and who it was offered too.

> Todd, we are not working with straight forward folks here, there are
curtains
> behind the smoke which are behind the mirrors which reside within the land
of
> ????.

OK - I think I probably agree with this.

> We need to throw procedure and money at these problems.  And yet we
ostracize
> those who will do both.

No clearly we need a membership process, and a set of projects to swell its
ranks. Any ideas?