Re: [atlarge-discuss] Resignation

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:00:14 -0700, you wrote:

>It is incumbent upon those of the Interim Panel who plan to attend the
>Bucharest meeting to (briefly) state here (or on the website) for the record,
>how their attendance there will move the organization forward.

I plan to:
- introduce our organization to all interested ICANN participants
- push for the recognition of our organization, and generally, for a way of
direct user representation in ICANN, both by direct meetings with ICANN
Board members and other people, and by speaking in the Public Forum
- discuss next steps with all our members who will be there, including
potential organization structures, outreach, elections and website (eg, I
will have a chance to meet directly our potential election providers)
- try to interact with Denise Michel and the ALOC to see whether we can get
support from them

I know that we have to have elections and Bylaws as soon as possible, but
they will be completely useless if we can't get a place on the overall map
of the new ICANN structure - and to obtain this, notwithstanding all the
people that keep saying it's impossible or useless, I am going to Bucharest
on my own personal funds (and so are doing other panel members and involved
people). Honestly, I hope that this effort is at least appreciated by all
icannatlarge.com members.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.