Re: [atlarge-discuss] re China - not just Internet cafes, but TLDs

Esther - picking up my new submittal to the IETF, my extension of the DNS
services to include a root-tree designator or tag, would address all of
this. China and every other area could have their OWN extensions no matter
where else these same extensions are used.

The original DNS infrastructure is very short sided for what it is being put
to use for these days and without these extensions ICANN will wind up
extorting different levels of network accessibility for the people using
these naming services.

For instance

why is it that the Chinese cant have their own .com, .net, or .org for their
own people. The answer is that they damn well can and that it is ICANN's
problem to make it possible for their addresses to bridge to the world...
This concept that ICANN and the BoD get to decided what addresses are used
where is inherently nasty to a good many people and shows ICANN's need to
control the world. The problem is that the world is starting to tell ICANN
to get screwed... and rightly so.

Todd Glassey