Re: [atlarge-discuss] VB on elections for ICANN board members

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:50:11 -0400, you wrote:

>Right now:  VB is you can't have individuals elect ICANN board members.

No, please. You even asked me an explicit clarification about this. I said
that individuals should elect board members, but that since this is not
achievable in the present situation as the ICANN Board will never accept it
and no external force will likely act to make them accept it, we should try
at least to get some more realistic targets. For example, an At Large
council or committee elected by individuals, which in turn elects some board
or NomCom members.

Anyway, the quarrel closes here. There is a basic divergence of ideas: while
we both are unhappy by what ICANN has been doing in the last years with the
At Large issue, you think we should not interact with them any more but for
complaining, I think we should still work to get as much as possible in the
new scenario that will be defined in the next two days. I won't convince you
of my opinion and you won't convince me of yours. Correct?
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.