Re[2]: [atlarge-discuss] VB on elections for ICANN bo

Wednesday, June 26, 2002, 1:49:14 AM, you wrote:

hbi> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:17:15 -0700, you wrote:
>>  I have to agree for the most part with Danny's simple but direct
>>evaluation points below.

hbi> As a simple member I can say that I absolutely don't care about having
hbi> the interim panel for more than 90 days...it doesn't seem to me a
hbi> question of power or panel-squatting, they are using they free time to
hbi> build something in icannatlarge, not looking for personal power.
hbi> It would be a waste of time to have bad organized election in July. Yes,
hbi> maybe in the last period not many things happened (but I believe that it
hbi> has been a "general" fault, not only a panel members'), but meeting
hbi> face-to-face here is being very helpful and I believe that with
hbi> voluntary help this interim panel can arrange bylaws (or maybe just
hbi> something to start from, some proposals that the next panel will check
hbi> with the membership and set as definitive) and then elections. In this
hbi> case this time won't be spared.
hbi> Just complaining and saying what should had been done and hadn't is
hbi> completely useless.
hbi> I would be happy to help for the elections, and I'm really here, but I'm
hbi> afraid that I'm not experienced enough to give technical help, sorry.

Similarly sincere.  We need folks like Elina.  She's what makes
organization .....

hbi> ciau,
hbi> Elena

Thanks Elena :-).