Re: [atlarge-discuss] VB on elections for ICANN bo

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:17:15 -0700, you wrote:
>  I have to agree for the most part with Danny's simple but direct
>evaluation points below.

As a simple member I can say that I absolutely don't care about having
the interim panel for more than 90 days...it doesn't seem to me a
question of power or panel-squatting, they are using they free time to
build something in icannatlarge, not looking for personal power.
It would be a waste of time to have bad organized election in July. Yes,
maybe in the last period not many things happened (but I believe that it
has been a "general" fault, not only a panel members'), but meeting
face-to-face here is being very helpful and I believe that with
voluntary help this interim panel can arrange bylaws (or maybe just
something to start from, some proposals that the next panel will check
with the membership and set as definitive) and then elections. In this
case this time won't be spared.
Just complaining and saying what should had been done and hadn't is
completely useless.
I would be happy to help for the elections, and I'm really here, but I'm
afraid that I'm not experienced enough to give technical help, sorry.

ciau,
Elena