Re: [atlarge-discuss] icannatlarge.com meeting in Bucharest

Alex and all stakeholders of interested parties,

  Thank Alex for you perspective and/or characzation on the
current degrading situation with ICANNATLARGE.COM
and the remaining members of the Interim Steering
Panel of which three are at Bucharest attempting to
represent.

  Seems from our members present in Bucharest, and
others reporting in privately, that the situation with
these questionably legitimate Interim Steering
Panel attendees, is very similar to the IDNO
situation in the ICANN Santiago meeting.

  As you know, or should know, there is already
draft charter, which is all that is needed for actual
voting for representatives, that have met with the approval of the
ICANNATLARGE.COM members.
See: http://www.icannatlarge.com/charter.htm, Hence this
doesn't seem to be a real hindrance as you Alex, seem to
purport.

Alexander Svensson wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was at the Bucharest At Large meeting; James Love
> has already posted something, I'll add my notes.
>
> The discussion regarding icannatlarge.com -- as you know
> James Love has resigned from the elected Interim Steering
> Panel -- is more an issue of priorities than a matter of
> anyone clinging onto their power (what power anyway?).
>
> James Love emphasizes the temporary nature of the Interim
> Steering Panel and wants to hold elections as soon as
> possible to avoid the panellists being called "panelsquatters"
> in analogy to certain interim Board members [aside: Hans
> Kraaijenbrink introduced himself ironically as "ICANN
> Boardsquatter" at the cross-constituency meeting]. Vittorio
> Bertola, Izumi Aizu and Wolfgang Kleinwaechter -- the
> panel members present in Bucharest -- put the emphasis
> (to varying degrees) on the task of the panellists to
> put some structure in place. The view seems to be that
> the panellists should at least present draft bylaws for
> icannatlarge.com so that people know what they're actually
> voting on. To make this possible, this has to happen before
> the election takes place.
>
> When the /unelected/ interim panel organized icannatlarge.com's
> *first* election (where those mentioned above were elected),
> the 90 days rule was designed with the thought that the
> organization might grow considerably in a short period of time
> after the *first* election. The 90 days are of course set
> somewhat arbitrarily. I understand both points of view that
> were presented at the meeting, but I would have preferred
> if this could have been resolved without resignations.
> It's hard to organize elections and draft bylaws (with public
> participation!) in a very limited amount of time and with
> only a few panel members. However, I believe this is what
> at least those remaining panellists present in Bucharest
> intend to do: Work as fast as possible towards elections
> *and* bylaws.
>
> I hope these short notes give those 99.9% not in Bucharest
> an idea of the discussions regarding icannatlarge.com.
>
> Best regards,
> /// Alexander

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827