[atlarge-discuss] what is your target?

At 07:32 26/06/02, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:05:06 EDT, you wrote:
> >The performance of this panel even makes ICANN look good by comparison.
>Danny,
>
>are you saying that our mandate in fact was a little too ambitious for a
>group of seven people that are already involved in a ton of other things?
>Yes, it possibly was, I can accept this.

Dear Vittorio, James and all,
Nobody failed. ICANN is something no one needs except the parties to the
Internet Yalta ("status quo holders") as a smoke screen blocking everything
through confusion and complexity to focus attention.

Two attitudes. Most (Esther, VB, etc.) hope they can cooperate and
influence them. Jamie and some feel they are just being used.

What is our target? Esther, VB (for the time being he said), Denise etc.
are first interested in ICANN so it makes sense a) they are more numerous
on an ICANN list on ICANN b) they want to correct the ICANN from the inside
and try hard to believe they can influence it. Most of them also have
normal personal agenda related to ICANN.

What is not clear to me is what is Jamie's interest.
- If it is the people, at large. Then his role is to be disruptive until
people are considered (yet I don't understand how he will be able to
determine when/how they are really listen to).
- If his interest is in the network as a service to the people, he should
help building that servce, its structure and its practices, now ICANN has
clearly shown it does not want to be the International People Network
Operating Organization we need.

I am personally interested in the later and I see no other interest in the
ICANN now except that they are locking themselves in status quo, protecting
us from too many inept actions from them. As long as the RIRs stay out of
their mess, we now can build serious net services.

I just wander who is interested in here?

jfc