Re: [atlarge-discuss] what is your target?

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
> What is not clear to me is what is Jamie's interest.
> - If it is the people, at large. Then his role is to be disruptive until
> people are considered (yet I don't understand how he will be able to
> determine when/how they are really listen to).
> - If his interest is in the network as a service to the people, he
> should help building that servce, its structure and its practices, now
> ICANN has clearly shown it does not want to be the International People
> Network Operating Organization we need.
>
> I am personally interested in the later and I see no other interest in
> the ICANN now except that they are locking themselves in status quo,
> protecting us from too many inept actions from them. As long as the RIRs
> stay out of their mess, we now can build serious net services.
>
> I just wander who is interested in here?

    Jefsey, I don't want key Internet resources controlled by an
unaccountable organization that has few binding legal limits on what it can
do.  Allowing the general public to vote and choose their own leaders
provides a measure of accountability that is helpful, particularly when the
group has the broad policy making mandate that the ERC proposes.

      If you could really limit (narrow) the terms of reference of ICANN,
and deal with the anticompetitive cartel type situatation you have now, and
have certain policy development done elsewhere, people probably would not
care so much about elections.

     I'm not in the network businesses, so I would not be building any services.

Jamie

------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040