RE: [atlarge-discuss] VB on elections for ICANN board members

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>But if you are saying that we spent the last two months not doing anything,
>first, this is not true,

Indeed!  I think Danny would have had us rush through a process in secret
like ICANN is wont to do, in order to meet their deadline for a formal
submission.  That is exactly what we *shouldn't* do!  We've had enough "star
chamber" politics from ICANN.  We don't need to perpetuate it here!

>second, any help is welcome,

Anything I am able and can afford to do, I will.  Let me know your needs.

>third, all of us who realistically could do it took the care to come here
>in Bucharest to try to save our cause at the last minute, often on personal
>funds, which cannot be said of many other people.

And I for one appreciate the effort!  If the meeting had been in North
America I might have been tempted to massively piss off the wife and show
up!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info