[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

There is no practical reason why the elections cannot be done before the 90
days is over. Elizabeth can do the election, and you use the same nomination
proceedures and mission that existed for the 90 day election.  People who
want to continue this work will have a year, rather than 3 months, so they
can act with more deliberation, assuming they are elected.  Given the fact
that some members of the current "temporary" board are now endorsing the
elimination of elections, and will be going to Shanghi, I think it is
important to test their support in an election.

    Jamie

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
> Very well, more to the point:  This panel ought to proceed immdiately to ELECTIONS.  Enough time has been wasted already, no more time needs be wasted.  The election muct take place in the last week of July.  Everything else (YJ etc.,) is subordinate to the elections IMO.  This Panel has lost all credibility and achieved nothing.  It's time for elections NOT appointments and
> substitutions.  What do we need another panel member for at this point?  Elections.  Elections.  Elections.  That is the ONLY next move this panel ought to be contemplating at this point.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos
>
> wolfgang@imv.au.dk wrote:
>

>>Sotiris wrote: Frankly, I do not
>>like
>>the idea of having ICANN functionaries holding any executive positions
>>within
>>ICANNAtLarge.com.  I believe many of the members would probably agree that
>>it's
>>not a good idea.
>>
>>Dear Sotiris, my understanding is that we should respect the voters, their votes and our rules on which we have based the elections. It is not up to the elected members of the steering committee to say I like this guy or not. We can and should not dictate whom we want to have in the committee. Otherwise we would make the same mistakes you are critising so often correctly.
>>
>>BTW, I would like to concentrate on drafts for the mission statement and the bylaws.
>>
>>Best regards
>>
>>wolfgang,

------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040