From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@vitaminic.net>
To: <atlarge-panel@lists.fitug.de>
Cc: <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 6:13 PM
Subject: [atlarge-discuss] action points

This is a short summary of what we agreed to do today.

Jamie will withdraw his resignations so there is no need to replace him any
more.

We will have elections by July 27. Izumi and I have talked with Elisabeth
Porteneuve who accepted to supply the system and the technical work to set
it up. This morning Joanna Lane, via IRC, told me that she accepts to be the
watchdog for these elections. It might be good to find a second watchdog to
help her (perhaps Bret or Alexander again?), but we can start with her. I
will act as contact point for her with the panel.

This is a tentative schedule I've just worked out:

July 1     (Mon)        official announce sent to the announce list
July 16    (Tue)        deadline for nominations and voter registration
July 18    (Thu)        official slate of candidates published
July 19    (Fri) ballots sent to all voters
July 21-25 (Sun-Thu) voting period
July 29    (Mon) results announced

Please let's agree a schedule now, as I want to prepare the official charter
for these elections, which I will do by altering the previous one with the
new dates and a new mandate equal to the previous one but with 1 year of
validity for the panel. Ok?

I'm asking Joop to be ready with the website - however it seems he's not so
responsive lately and we don't have the passwords yet. We need it at least
to export the updated membership list on July 16. I'm waiting for an answer
from him and I'll let you know.

We have a big problem: we have to be sure that there will be enough
participation and a sufficient number of candidates. In the first elections
it was necessary to enhance the nomination period by one week to get enough
candidates. Also I recommend we all do some outreach in the next two weeks
if possible (Izumi agreed to take care of this, for example).

We will try to do some other work, if we can. Wolfgang will work on a final
draft of a very short mission statement - I will work on a draft of bylaws.
We obviously won't approve anything, but leave them as a starting point to
the next panel.

Did I forget anything?
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.