Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

Izumi and all stakeholders of interested parties,

Izumi AIZU wrote:

> I will reply that you, Sotiris, please share the portion of responsibility
> as the member of the panel as appropriate.

  I believe that Sotiris is doing this and has been doing so.  He has
been instrumental in bringing in new members.  I haven't seen from
you Izumi anything along those lines to date.

> I think merely asking me to resign is not at all responsible to those who elected
> all the panel members. Or do you mean that I should resign from alt-chair?
> In any case I would rather remain to do the job I can and want.

  Good response.  And if you, as well as the rest of the members
believe that you are doing a good job, whatever that may be, than
of course you should remain on the panel until the elections.

> And please tell us what you can offer for the election as a member of the panel
> in addition to criticizing others. Keeping yourself in a safe place and only
> demand others to do the job is not fair.

  Sotiris has already done more than most I have seen on the panel
to date, including yourself Izumi.  Sotiris, as I stated above has
been instrumental in bringing new members to the ICANNATLARGE.COM.

> Let us please forget, however, this kind of unproductive argument for the sake
> of argument.

  Very much agreed here Izumi.  And pray tell, why did you respond in this
unproductive way if this is you belief?

> Outreach, to me, is an essential part of election and we, including
> Jamie and others agreed that I think. Outreach include to raise awareness
> for the election among the members already, try to bring as many good
> candidates to run, and if possible, to recruit more new members to the
> exiting pool.

  Members should not be considered more of the "Existing Pool", they
should be respected as members, future or new leaders.  Please
try to remember that Izumi...

  More important than new members is funding.  This should be
the number one priority...  I have offered to set up those
necessary accounts, and have a holding/escrow
account now set up for the ICANNATLARGE.COM,
and I believe that Jefsey offered to get the incorporation
for non-profit status in France done.  Until or unless this is
done, new members cannot aid much even if they wanted to
to this effort.

> I think we have good common ground to go forward, not backward.
>
> Thanks,
>
> izumi
>
> At 12:45 02/06/27 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
>
> >The only thing this panel needs to do now is execute the election for our
> >replacements.  All the other tasks you mention above will be left to the next
> >panel.  You should have started doing some work on those matters before
> >now Izumi.
> >As it stands, I don't think something rushed a la ICANN-style is going to
> >suffice
> >for our needs.  Hence, I disagree with you completely on where our
> >priorities ought
> >to lie..
> >
> >You had your chance and did nothing until now (60 days of nothing!).
> >
> >Frankly, I think _you_ ought to be resigning and not Jamie.  At this
> >juncture, I am
> >completely against this panel doing anything beyond organizing and executing the
> >next panel election.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> >

> > > I will put my limited energy to outreach especially for Asia and
> > Pacific region.
> > >
> > > And dear Sotiris, what can you offer for the election? We need your
> > > commitment as well.
> > >
> > > Blaming each other will not build the credibility, let's work together!!
> > >
> > > izumi from Bucharest

> > agree that

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827