Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:45:18 -0400, you wrote:

>Given that time constraints preclude any messing around, I suggest a slight
>flexibility/redundancy is added to the election process (...)

I think that this is a really good idea. My only concern is that we don't
have enough resources and people to run a single organization - let alone
two of them - and also, it would need a lot of top-down changes to the
structure of the organization which wouldn't be easily justifiable given the
limited mandate of the current panel.

Personally, I think that the only thing we can do is to go to elections and
see which of the two approaches - inside or outside - prevails. This could,
in the end, even bring the organization to a split into two dialoguing
entities, which in fact would be not so different from what you envisage.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.