Re: [atlarge-discuss] first question to all candidates

All stakeholders or interested parties,

  As a candidate, I find that the Charter in it's present form should
be subject to a vote in this upcoming election.  I hope it is on the
ballot.  By doing so we know if the charter meets the needs and
desires of the present members.  So I would therefore defer
and personal positions on the charter to the will, and superior
collective wisdom of the members, not any elected group
of panelists or representatives.

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Joop,
> I have more concerns about the Charter attached to the election than the
> specific questions you have asked, but I believe the Interim panel wanted to
> assign tasks under similar terms and conditions to their own. Given these
> were inherited by the current panel from a non-elected committee some time
> ago, it makes sense for the new ExCom to have a clean sheet study on the
> Charter once elected, and consider recent developments in consultation with
> the wider community. In short, while there may be merits in the Charter
> worth retaining, it has not been through suffient due process to represent
> anything more than a mere suggestion from an outgoing team.
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827