Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

I agree with Izumi and others who are concerned about diverse membership on
the board.   I think the next panel should address this, and make proposals
to ensure that the board is not dominated by one or a few countries, which
could happen, and which should not happen.   Right now it is most important
to have good candidates from different cultures and regions.

Jamie

Izumi AIZU wrote:
> At 14:28 02/07/16 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
>> You are correct that many I selected are Americans... so what?  If
>> they are
>> the best candidates to get the job done then I will support pragmatism
>> over
>> political correctness any day of the week.
>>
>> In my view, at this point in the life of the At-Large, the interests
>> of our
>> community can best be protected by those that are in a position to
>> successfully interact with the US Congress and the US Department of
>> Commerce
>> in order to ensure that the upcoming revised MoU provides for user
>> participation and representation to the greatest degree possible.  The
>> Americans that I have cited are capable of exerting such influence.
>

> I don't mind if someone nominates all Americans or All Japanese or Chinese,
> whatever, that is up to him/her, but I do mind if the end-result of the
> panel
> composition is very much dominated by a single country/ethnic groups for
> the new at-large structure. We should try it to get wider representation
> and participation. Dealing with USG is not the direct mission, and dealing
> with US Congress is not the business of the new organization, at least
> directly, in my opinion.
>
> izumi
>

>> Who can you propose that equally might have such leverage with these
>> decision-makers?  I am open to suggestions...

------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040