[atlarge-discuss] candidate summary and statement

Below are my summary and my statement.

I am publisher of http://ICBTollFreeNews.com and president of
http://JudithOppenheimer.com.  We have a right to vote, a right to
information, and an obligation to hold ICANN accountable.  My advocacy
activity is archived here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Judith+Oppenheime
r%22+ICANN.  I’m endorsing Joanna Lane, Michael Geist and James Love.

Judith Oppenheimer
Born December, 1954
New York, NY  USA

I am publisher of ICB Toll Free News (http://ICBTollFreeNews.com) and
president of ICB Consultancy (http://JudithOppenheimer.com).

I got involved in DNS matters because of correlating issues between and
impacts of the numbering and naming space:  who is in control, what are the
policy ramifications, and where are the end user and small business on the
food chain.

I've served on the TeleServices Industry Association's Legislative Action
Committee and the Interactive Telephone Council; ICANN's Working Group B;
the IETF's ENUM Working Group; the U.S. ITAC-T on ENUM; the North American
Numbering Council Toll Free Issue Management Group, and SNAC (SMS/800
Number Administration Committee).  I'm a founding member of ENUM Forum and
the 1 800 American Free Trade Association, and I moderate TOLLFREE-L.

I'm a featured correspondent and columnist for NewsWeb Daily Business
Newspaper.  I've also been featured or quoted in The Washington Post, The
Industry Standard, ICANNWatch, InternetNews.com, The St. Petersburg Times,
World Telemedia 2000, Investor's Business Daily, DIRECT, Washington
Internet Daily, InfoWorld, The Dot, Wired, The Roving Reporter, Inter@ctive
Week, on24 Financial i-network, DomainNotes, Office.com, Internet News
Radio, Target Marketing, eMarketer, Omaha World Herarld, the New Jersey
Star Ledger, ISP News, The Discount Long Distance Digest, InternetWorld.de,
Catalog Age, Cowles Business Publications' Direct NewsLine, DM
News,Telemedia News & Views, Business First, The Audiofax, Call Center
Magazine, Ad Age, AIN News, the Infomercial Marketing Report, InfoText, and
Book Marketing Digest, and am a frequent contributor to numerous Internet
digests.

I strongly advise Internet users to familiarize themselves with the history
of Internet governance.  "Ruling the Root: Governance and the Taming of
Cyberspace" by Milton Mueller is invaluable.  ICANNWatch.com is wonderful
and contains a wealth of information.  Getting up to speed quickly is
essential to achieve any measure of self-determination as an Internet
populace.  Powerful, well-funded forces are at play, and we can't afford to
repeat mistakes or reinvent the wheel.

We have a right to vote, a right to information, and an obligation to hold
ICANN accountable.  My advocacy activity is archived here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Judith+Oppenheime
r%22+ICANN.  I’m endorsing Joanna Lane, Michael Geist and James Love.

Judith Oppenheimer
http://JudithOppenheimer.com
http://ICBTollFreeNews.com
http://WhoSells800.com