RE: [atlarge-discuss] NO candidate statements on the ballots

Dear watchdogs,
I'm sure you don't deliberately wish to sabotage this election
administratively, but that's what this decision represents in practice.
Forget the summary, but if in the internet age, you cannot give a hyperlink
between a candidate's name and their statement, what are you doing running
this election? In the circumstances that 90% of the electorate don't follow
this list, and even less the Forum, it's political suicide to proceed on
this basis. All the electorate is left with is a choice of geographical
indicators.

Great, we all just sent our statements in, and now nobody will know what
anybody really stands for. If you proceed this way, I might as well go to
press "ICANN extends it's capture tentacles". We can't even have an At Large
group without this interference?  This smacks of a Kent Crispin production.

Joanna

P.S. Here's my ballot summary. You can't cut and paste this in?

Formerly with the BBC public broadcasting service (London), now working in
Real Property Investment and Development (New York). I will continue to
fight for a system in which users in general and individual registrants in
particular have a vote, a right to information and the authority to hold
ICANN accountable. I co-authored "Best Practices for ICANN At Large" with
William S. Lovell. http://www.cerebalaw.com/BPIial.htm and am endorsing
Jamie Love, Judith Oppenheimer, Richard Henderson, Vivek Durai as
outstanding candidates in this election.