RE: [atlarge-discuss] NO candidate statements on the ballots

Joanna,

At 22.07.2002 19:47, you wrote:
>Dear watchdogs,
>I'm sure you don't deliberately wish to sabotage this election
>administratively, but that's what this decision represents in practice.
>Forget the summary, but if in the internet age, you cannot give a hyperlink
>between a candidate's name and their statement,

Hello? Joop announced that there *will* be a URL for
the candidate statements!

>what are you doing running
>this election? In the circumstances that 90% of the electorate don't follow
>this list, and even less the Forum, it's political suicide to proceed on
>this basis. All the electorate is left with is a choice of geographical
>indicators.
>
>Great, we all just sent our statements in, and now nobody will know what
>anybody really stands for. If you proceed this way, I might as well go to
>press "ICANN extends it's capture tentacles". We can't even have an At Large
>group without this interference?  This smacks of a Kent Crispin production.

Hello? Almost none of the short statements have arrived
in time, and the idea of collecting and publishing short
statements has been a last minute add-one which has not
been coordinated with the vote operator. We are operating
an election across several time zones and spending a
considerable amount of time on making it as smooth as
possible. This additional feature (short statements in
*addition* to the regular long statements) has to be
dropped because the timeframe is too tight.

Again: Everyone gets a ballot with an URL to the *long*
candidate statements. Please don't overreact ("sabotage",
"suicide", "capture").

Best regards,
/// Alexander