Re: [atlarge-discuss] Chair

Danny and all stakeholoders or other interested parties,

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> I find this whole discussion about the "panel" selecting a "chair", an
> "alternate chair", and a "secretary" to be rather intriguing...

  Yes at least Intriguing, if not divisive, overly destructive, and
potentially disruptive if carried on too long or gone too far...

> Most other organizations allow their membership to directly elect their
> administrators who then convene panels and committees to get the job done.

  Well both methods are actually done in NGO's and other non-profit
or public benefit organizations...

> Here the converse appears to be true, and panelists are now jockeying to
> secure prominent leadership positions.

  It does now already seem that leadership positions are more
important than getting the work done...

> I don't recall the membership authorizing this panel to act in this manner.

  I don't either.  However, a little of this is to be expected.  But it
should not be carried on too long or degrade into a beauty contest...

> You were elected as a team, as a unit, to complete the work unfinished by the
> first interim panel.  This representative panel model is akin to that of the
> Iroquois Tribal Council, a true confederacy, in which each of you is but one
> voice among equals that together act on the basis of unanimity if possible,
> and consensus otherwise.

  It is shaping up allot like this yes Danny.  That would be terribly
and perhaps IDNO-Like destructive...

> If the membership had wanted a "spokesperson" or a "chair" or a "leader" by
> any other name, then it would have acted to directly elect such a person...
> but it couldn't... for reasons of legitimacy it wanted to operate within the
> rubric of bylaws and a membership-approved charter that would provide for
> such elections.  You panelists are only placeholders.  You are there solely
> to ensure that the membership has the bylaws that will allow them to elect
> their true leaders.  You weren't elected to become a de facto ruling junta.
> Keep that in mind.

  Very good advise here...

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827