RE: [atlarge-discuss] Geographic representation (was RE: [...

Judyth wrote:

>Well, I think I do have a suggestion for this.
>Because of the way I work, I'm on dozens of mailing
>lists with international reach, and I've long made it
>a practice to tip off my colleagues when something is
>going on that they might be interested in. Not
>infrequently, some of the recipients then forward the
>information to their other lists.

This effort would be greatly appreciated.  Actually, I think everyone
reading this probably has an e-mail address book full of potential members
who not only don't know whae exist, but don't know about all the Internet
industry efforts to capture the Internet for their profit that we are trying
to curb.  We need to begin interesting them in joining us!

>It just might be possible -- assuming we could agree
>on exactly what we wanted to tell the world -- for me
>to recruit some volunteers to translate the text into
>various languages and distribute it where it might do
>some good. But for this to work effectively, we'd
>also need to be ready to provide information to the
>people who would respond.

Agreed.  We need people to step up and serve as translators.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info