RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Outreach (was [atlarge-discuss] Re: Judyth's comments on scale and legitimacy)

Judyth wrote:

>Further to the name confusion issue and despite my
>comment about alphabet soup, how about "WECAN" --
>World Electronic Commons Action Network strikes me
>as a useful project with a name that is memorable
>enough in English, not impossible to translate, and
>has just a touch of resonance with what's wrong with
>ICANN.

Another good name suggestion!  In retrospect, we should have voted on the
name thing as part of the election.  So now we'll have to go back to the
electorate in short order to vote on a name.  Of course, we also need to
vote on a charter and bylaws as well, so I guess we can deal with all three
in one vote.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info