RE: [atlarge-discuss] Chair

Judyth has pretty much just outlined what I feel is the concensus of the
conversations in this forum since we began self-organizing!

I for one trust the Panel to form committes, drawn from the membership and
answerable to them, to work out the many pressing tasks we need to address
(Bylaws and charter, financial/legal structure, automated systems, outreach,
etc.).  I would also expect that panel members will gravitate to manage the
committes working on the tasks they feel strongest about (as Richard has
already done regarding outreach!).  This is not only normal but preferrable!
Now that we habve elected them, we need to give the panel members the
autonomy to select their Chair and form committees to get the job done!

I also suggest that one of the first committees to be formed once we have
selected a name is a outreach/publicity committee, charged with "getting the
word out!"  The Panel should also appoint a spokesperson to speak for the
organization publically, to the press and other organizations.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info