RE: [atlarge-discuss] 006 Deciding Name...

Dear Judith,
please understand that there are two issues at stake.

1. the name - best name for our @lareg confederation for the reasons I documented is probably world@large. It is a compromise but it has a mnemonic, historical , graphic, legitimacy, political convergence of raeasons making it a good compromise.

2. the organization - we can only be a confedration of interest. That confederation can only be built to the image of the Internet governance. Here we use xxx@large were governance uses IETF; ICANN, NTIA, ccTLDs. So

icann@large is the name of the WG relating with ICANN
ietf@large is the group of our IETF Members
france@large is the name of our French association

3. the accesses to the sites. The only problem we have today is that we have not http://atlarge.org.
When we have it we can develop the @large namespace in registering 3LDs such as
icann.atlarge.org
france.atlarge.org
which will provide an easy way to manage the confedration. The Panel playing the same role as Jon Postel to keep the things organized. An organization is made by its web site.

What Joop says is that http://icannatlarge.com has a lot of links.
We will progressively add http://icannatlarge.org etc... as the one you registered as ALIASES

What we want is the largest number of people to know us. All of them will land into http://worlatlarge.org until we can make ot http://world.atlarge.org too.

The largest number of names, the more links we have in search engines.
jfc