Re: FW: [atlarge-discuss] The IPv6 Debacle

James and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

Jkhan wrote:

> Eric, You are absolutely right, It's freeloading at the expense of
> others. Expense in terms of cost and performance, and that's why its an
> issue.
> The Public is bearing the cost while proprietary (NATs, Tunneling, VPNs)
> are getting a free ride. I don't remember when we were asked: Do we want
> this or not.
>
> Now I ask you: Is this Just? Or Just how its going to be?

  Indeed these are the better questions perhaps to ask and find
answers to now.

  As I worked on the IPv6 protocol development IETF group
for some 6 years, one might want to review the history of
IPv6 development (still ongoing BTW).  APNIC and the IETF
have several working group Mailing lists forums on this with
archives.  I think for the truly interested, you will find the
archives very interesting.  Most especially how deeply Worldcom
and Vint Cerf were  involved...

  Here are a few IPv6 references:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-scopedaddr-format-00.txt

http://playground.sun.com/ipng/  - Main IPv6 forum and documentation..
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipv6-charter.html  - IETF WG for IPv6
http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9910/27/cerf.ipv6.idg/cerf.ipv6.html
This is a circa '99 CNN article and interview with Vint cerf of IPv6
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-00.txt

For Multihoming for IPv6...
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-02.txt
This is an important one as it deals with TLA and NLA proposed
assignment rules, which impacts DNS.. Also see RFC 2673...
http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html - For Bind 9.2.1
that supports Ipv6 and DNSSEC which even the IANA has yet to
implement on any root server ana almost no ISP is currently
implemented to date either...

http://www.ipv6forum.com/  - Very complete and usually up to date
site for good IPv6 info...

  Well anyway, I think you all should be able to pick it up from here
all by yourselves and get up to speed with this ( See above links )...