[atlarge-discuss] scrambling to register Names

I am happy to see the run on suitable Domain Names by our active members here.

What is happening in my perspective, is the beginning of Parties, that can cluster around each registered DN.
This is not a bad thing.
Every Name has its own connotations and its own inplicit mission statement.

Sotiris needs to have his own Worldatlarge party.
Esther needs (and has) her own ALOC/ICANN Party.
Thomas and Alexander, perhaps with Vittorio, can be seen as the beginnings of an (ISOC?) Party.
Jefsey , a "regionalism" party.

Richard, myself, Joanna and YJ might form a Democratic Party.

All in accordance with the "birds of a feather" principle.
When we have over 1000 members and when we are aiming for tens, or even hundreds of thousands, this is the only way our icannatlarge can scale.

Hostility, or even less than that, on public mailing lists can do fatal things to people's willingness to work together. Believe me , I have seen this demotivator at work.

Options to join different Parties will give our unhappy members choice. Instead of dropping out from the fight, they can gravitate to another party, with principles and a tone that is more to their liking.

The Parties get together in our "e-Parliament" , where we have common agreement on a Constitution with Rules of Conduct , Process and Representation.
This is the place where we all agree on joint resolutions and common plans of action.

IMHO the only way a bottom-up effort such as ours can retain its energy and motivation.

A one-Party system does not look like an appetizing alternative to me..

--Joop