Re: [atlarge-discuss] ALAC teleconference August 9, 2002 Notes

I agree with you, Eric.

This is an ICANN initiative and an ICANN agenda, setting out to legitimise
the removal of elected AtLarge Board members.

The draft is being written by an ICANN appointee.

The will of the AtLarge majority is clearly that we do not want an ALAC
(which merely strengthens ICANN's coup) but we want (as has been repeatedly
stated) elected representatives on the Board.

The ALAC initiative lacks legitimacy, because it claims to speak for people
who do not want it to speak for them.

Many thanks, Sotiris, for your continuing efforts to report back
transparently - you must find yourself in a difficult and somewhat
distasteful position.

Eric (and Judith and others) are, in my opinion, right to be deeply deeply
sceptical of this sham.

Richard